Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2007

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt



After some attempts at icecream-making with not quite satisfactory results I now seem to get the hang of it. Chilling the icecream-base very well and using only 1 quart at the most seem to do the trick.
The Blueberry Frozen Yogurt (recipe courtesy of "The Perfect Scoop" by David Lebovitz) is easily and quickly made. I used Greek Yogurt with a butterfat content of 10 %, which results in a richer, creamer icecream, and frozen wild blueberries. Add some sugar, a splash of lemon juice and kirsch (or, better yet, Maraschino) each, and blend everything together in a blender or food processor. I used a stick blender and the tall bowl that came with it. I didn't bother to press the mixture through a strainer to remove the seeds, but I recommend it. The icecream will be smoother. It was a tad grainy, but I liked it quite fine. It was not overly sweet, so the slight tanginess of the yogurt is not overpowered. The intense Blueberry colour is very pretty.

Keine Kommentare: